Share | 

Version 5.0 is out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jegqamas
new guy

PostSubject: Version 5.0 is out   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Version 5.0 finally released !
Please excuse us for the mistakes or bug may found, we tested this huge app as much as we can Wink

What's new in version 5.0 ?

Added: tabs priority option for profile (auto select favorite tab, set the selection priority).
Added: profile information containers so that your profile will not be limited to snapshots, cover... etc
Added: rom data items and ability to manage them
Added: ability to get more information than rom name from database files
Added: support for CSV database files (import and export)
Added: ico extension support in snapshots and covers detect
Added: filter option so you can filter rom by data items
Added: Image view control can view animated pictures like gif format
Added: more variable commands in the commandlines manager
Added: thunmpnails view show pictures in aspect ratio stretch
Added: change icon option applied to everything in the profile
Added: backup option for detected related files (snapshots, covers...etc)
Added: support for changing rom position in thunmpnails view via drag and drop
Added: ability to drag and drop console roms to change position of roms instead of limitation for playlists only
Improved: Emulators Organizer rewritten this version. using optimized code and more clean code makes the program run faster, more stable and full of new features.
Improved: all tab controls (images, info, manuals....etc) now can create collection of files instead of one file (like manuals, you make a collection instead of one file)
Improved: commandlines manager control can view the entered commands in line in the textbox below the treeview
Improved: you can disable and enable the default commandline
Improved: listview control now view thunmpnails fast without lagging, also you can chose what and how to display images
Improved: listview control which optimized to be faster and more effective
Improved: playlists and consoles can be added in groups
Improved: now Emulators Organizer can remember selection of thunmbnail view type (snap or cover)
Fixed: get names from database (for mame, an exception thrown about reference)
Fixed: sound player stay playing even the user change the sound player tab

Download from here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sourceforge.net/u/jegqamas/profile/
Croser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

ok there is some minor bug need to be fixed,we may release some revision in the very next day
stay tuned! king
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emulator-organizer-f.freegametalk.com
Croser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:21 pm

optional: download csv in file from the link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:38 pm

I be able to play duke nukem duke out dc via new special command line:
first I do add attched file

then I do edit the special command line inside rom priority(right click on rom)

in conf file I have already added in attachment file like above,I edit paramater easily by using config file editor
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Glad to see a new version out :-)

I'm going to test it out later this week.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:29 pm

I haven't been able to test it extensively but a couple of quick things:

The Played Time & Play Time both work but not automatically I have to press the refresh button before the information is updated to display the length of my play time and number of times played.

I see the Release Date, Genre, Developed By, & Publisher are listed in the rom info section. How do I go about adding additional columns to this section like # of Players or Supported Peripherals or another custom column?

The newly added filter option is great thank you! One suggestion though to save space on the top toolbar and add functionality. Could something similar to Excel's filter option be added?

If you have a list of items, clicking the down arrow in the upper right corner of the list will present

this filter option allowing you to select one or multiple items to filter by.

Or instead of using the excel format another alternative would be to use a format similar to what the Calibre software uses (Calibre is an ebook management software). You could add a window in-between Consoles & Emulators on the left side of EO that has expandable lists for Release Date, Genre, Developed By, Publisher, etc. then by clicking on a item in the list it will automatically filter by the selected item or hold shift and click on multiple items to filter using more than on criteria. See the below video for further explanation. The video's about 3 minutes but if you watch the whole thing you'll see what I'm talking about.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Ok, I figured out how to add columns to the rom info section Very Happy

Profile -> Roms Data Items
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Croser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Glad you like it Very Happy
from profile=>roms data items here you can add \edit custom info toolbar,this amazing feature
I think I have to clarify how EO filtering system works:
Eo will filter the whole console rom list by rom data info if the user want to ex:
in the picture below,I have collection with some rom dat info toolbars (released,published by...)
as you can see,EO have two toolbar type,the first one is rom related,like snap manual info history video sound etc.... the second type is rom info like released published by.....

In the filter edit box (can't be edited),I do add "released" as my filter criteria,next to it are the possible values came from all roms(similar value not repeated),this edit box can be edited to allow user to enter custom value for quick filtering

then I click go icon or choose it like below:

so filtering work in name criteria for rom info toolbars only,not for rom related toolbars like snap manual etc....

Sorting criteria:
for rom dat info toolbars,it would be from smallest to largest and verse versia
for rom related toolbars,only rom name will be sorted by name(from smallest to largest and verse versia),the other like snap will be sorted by name then by has value:
I do click on the snap toolbar,so my rom sorted by name then by has value

Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:47 am

Thank you for the explanation. Could you also provide additional details about how to get the publisher / developer / release year etc. from the ini files?

I clicked on Database -> Get name and data from database but it didn't seem to work.

For example I have a Sega Genesis rom labeled 3 Ninjas Kick Back (U) [!] and it should be pulling the below details from the ini file but it's not working.

Quote :
[3 Ninjas Kick Back]
Publisher=Sony Imagesoft
Developer=Malibu Interactive
Released=1994
Systems=SNES
Genre=Action
Perspective=3rd-Person Perspective
Score=2.5
Controls=
Players=1-2 Players
Esrb=
Url=http://www.mobygames.com/game/genesis/3-ninjas-kick-back
Description=You must help an old samurai to retrieve a dagger he once got as an award for his achievements in martial arts. The dagger was stolen by somebody who envied the old warrior - now he cannot give this prize to the warriors of the next generation. Choose one of the three young ninjas to help the old man!

This is a traditional platform game based on the movie 3 Ninjas Kick Back. Each one of the three ninjas has unique weapons and abilities. All three of them can run, duck, crawl, climb, jump, and hang on trees, ropes, etc. You'll encounter many obstacles and enemies, both regular and boss-like, which you'll have to overcome and defeat.
Goodname=3 Ninjas Kick Back (U) [!]
NoIntro=3 Ninjas Kick Back
Tosec=3 Ninjas Kick Back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Croser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:37 pm

we may update the filter system in the future release,I also have to make new wiki or guide for ver5,as you all know,v 5 bundled with some bug,that because of the complexity and many feature it has(we'll add more),so our apologize to you all and wait for the next revision(soon)

from Databases=>get names and data from database,in browse window,by default the csv ini file is selected,this type of file only has information for "rom data info toolbar" like publisher year released...we choose from ini folder what system we want then open

if rom is archive(zip,rar..)check inside of it checkbox will not work for ini file at the moment(we 're working on it),make sure to click on file name as shown in the snap above then hit start,EO will compare each rom name with the name inside the ini file,currently the name inside bracket [3 Nninjas kickBack],then EO will add more toolpar based on the next value of the ini file like "Developer=Irem Corpwe",if developer toolbar not exists,it will be adeed,we may add good name,Nointro and Tosec in the next revision as comparison to get most of the names,you can use no intro names dat to get the name of your roms and apply crc or sh1 algorithm,then check for info from ini files
Hope this help somehow,just check the help file,the always help Smile
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:19 am

Thank you for the explanation, but it's still not working for me. The 7 roms in my profile that I'm using for testing aren't compressed, but none of them are recognized and for some reason it duplicates 3 Ninjas Kick Back after attempting to get data from the ini file. Any other ideas on why it would be getting the rom info or should I wait for the next version before I run further tests?

Quote :
GET ROM NAMES FROM DATABASE
Started operation at 11/7/2012 11:14 PM

[FOUND ROMS 0 TOTAL]

[MISSED ROMS 8 TOTAL]
Sonic The Hedgehog (W) (REV 01) [!]
Sonic and Knuckles & Sonic 3 (W) [!]
Phantasy Star IV
Shining Force (U) [!]
Sonic and Knuckles (W) [!]
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (W) [!]
3 Ninjas Kick Back
3 Ninjas Kick Back

[DONE]
Operation duration: 00:00:00

Again, thank you for your help and time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Croser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:25 pm

no problem,I enjoy this and hope more people open discussion about EO,we love EO as much as you world drunken
you may had try to use csv file first then no intro dat file,in that case,the name inside ini file (comparation) will not match most of the rom you have,that because we use method to compare name inside bracket [] in ini file with rom file at the moment,in the next revision,I plan to use extra name from ini file came from goodname or tosec..
Back to top Go down
Aldirt
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi , i would also thank you for this wonderful frontend. I have problems with the auto detection of screenshots etc.. EO crashes.
In the next days i have more time to test the programm and start my PSX-Collection.

Greets from Germany

ps. Love the speed of EO

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Croser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 pm

you 're welcomed any time Aldirt,we glad we have you here
thank you for reporting,actually we're working on new revision and we could release it any minutes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Version 5.0 is out   

Back to top Go down

Version 5.0 is out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1