View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jegqamas
new guy

PostSubject: Version 6.6.25 is out !!   Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Hello everyone,
Version 6.6.25 is out !!

New in this version:
* Added the ability to import and export Excel Datasheet (rom data as .xlsx files) as a database for a console.
* Added the ability to import and export ratings (review/scores tab) as Excel Datasheet (rom data as .xlsx files) for a console.
* Added ability to add the "Description" element as Info Tab when using Get data from MobyGames for this game feature.
* Added ability to download more data for a game using "Get data from TheGameDB for this game" feature.
* Added ability to add rom data info elements as categories for selected roms.
* Added ability to set game all scores (in scores tab) to 100 or 0 easily via new buttons on the tab.

Removed:
* Removed the ability to search google for images for an image tab for Copyrights purposes.

Fixed:
* Fixed a bug in the roms list view sometimes when attempting to select roms using SHIFT key.
* Fixed a bug with the info tabs, when end-user right click on the text area and the context menu is hidden, the context menu never appears.
* Fixed a bug with emulators browser, no emulator is listed.
* Fixed a bug in "Detect Games Info From The Games DB" form when you disable some tabs (disabel include for some tabs).

Downloads here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry for taking so long to release this version, I was really distracted and away from programming ....
Okay, let me explain few things about this release. We toke our time to make sure the best !!

Added the ability to import and export Excel Datasheet (rom data as .xlsx files) as a database for a console:
And yes, EO now is able to export console roms collection as Excel datasheet file (.xlsx files), all you have to do is to use the normal "Import database file to console" feature. A new database file will be listed, Excel Datasheet.
Important: you can create a new database with Excel, there is some rules for the database file that EO accepts:
1. The first column MUST be the rom names. Name it as you like, but the data there must be rom names, EO will use these data to compare with rom names.
2. The rest of the columns will be considered as data infos. Thus, columns names after the first one will be added as data infos (release date, publisher ...etc). When a column name is already existed in the console (i.e. release date) EO will replace it automantically.

For export the same goes, select some roms then hit Export to database file. EO will put rom names in the first columns, the rest of columns will include data infos.

Added the ability to import and export ratings (review/scores tab) as Excel Datasheet (rom data as .xlsx files) for a console.
With this feature, you can backup and import review score tabs data into Excel datasheet files as well. Right click on a console from the consoles browser then new menu items appears, one for export and another for import.
Some rules gose here as well:
1. The first column MUST be the rom names. Name it as you like, but the data there must be rom names, EO will use these data to compare with rom names.
2. The rest of the columns will be considered as score fields. Thus, columns names after the first one will be added as score fields (game play, graphics ...etc). When a column name is already existed in the tab (i.e. Game play) EO will replace it automantically.

Added ability to add the "Description" element as Info Tab when using Get data from MobyGames for this game feature.
Well, you can now include "Description" as data info tab instead with normal data info. This means "Description" can be an info tab.

Added ability to download more data for a game using "Get data from TheGameDB for this game" feature.
Now you can scan The Games DB database for a single rom instead using the normal detect (for all roms). Same abilities here for the detect but for a single rom.

Added ability to add rom data info elements as categories for selected roms.
I think this one is create, you can now copy the data info values from data info into category.
For example, let's say we have 2 games, one have release data:1988 and another has release data: 1990
When using this feature the games will have:
First game will have new category: release data/1988
The second game will have another category: release data/1990

So when you use categories for filtering and you select release data/1990, all games with the same value will appears.

Added ability to set game all scores (in scores tab) to 100 or 0 easily via new buttons on the tab.
I think this is a nice one, if you like a game just hit (Like it) button from the scores tab and all scores will be set to 100 % !
Same goes for hating lol

Removed the ability to search google for images for an image tab for Copyrights purposes.
Google doesn't allow us to get images for free as they used to do, the ip now requires the developer to register and pay, or put adds in the app... I don't like this, do you ? EO is free and adsfree as well !!

Hope you like this new release, anything you need such as feature requests, ideas, bug reports ...etc just contact us at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Sorry again for the delay for this release, i moved to germany at 4th Jan. 2016, I had to wait about 7 months before i settle, and got a new pc about 2 months ago.
Special thanks goes to family and friends (all of you, you are great !!)
Special thanks goes to Germany sweet people and goverment, you are great !!.
Special thanks goes to EO community for the great suggestions, ideas, reports .... without you EO was nothing, you are the best Very Happy

And merry christmas !! santa santa santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sourceforge.net/u/jegqamas/profile/
Jegqamas
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.6.25 is out !!   Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:30 pm

Oh before I forget, system requirements changed:
* Works with Microsoft Windows® XP SP3, Vista, Seven, 8 and 8.1 (all 32 and 64 bit systems)
* Processor: AMD or Intel, Speed higher than 2 GHz is recommended.
* Memory:  1 GB RAM or larger.
* Microsoft .Net Framework 4
* Windows Media Player (optional)
* Media codec pack (optional) :needed to play more video and audio formats for media player.  
* Adobe® Reader® version 11.0.6 or later (optional, even if Acrobat installed) ^.
* 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components (optional for Excel database features) download from here.
YOU'LL NEED THIS FOR EXCEL DATASHEET IMPORTS.
* Adobe® Flash 10 or later.  
* Drivers: Please install the latest DirectX end-user redistributable package from Microsot

^ Note: if you have Adobe® Acrobat® installed, run the Adobe Reader, go to edit>preferance, select General, click Use default pdf handler.
This will make Adobe® Acrobat® the default program for pdf file and active the active x control for Emulators Organizer.
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.6.25 is out !!   Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:33 pm

I'm glad to hear you are doing well Very Happy and thank you for the updated version of EO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jegqamas
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.6.25 is out !!   Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:26 pm

You're welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.6.25 is out !!   

Back to top Go down

Version 6.6.25 is out !!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1