HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jegqamas
new guy

PostSubject: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Fri May 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Emulators Organizer version 6 is finally out !

What's new in version 6.0 :
* Emulators Organizer rebuild with optimized code, expect more performance and even more amazing experience.
* Added information container tabs for each console.
* Added create theme for each console, playlists group ..etc, your profile can be more customizable than ever !
* Added dynamic tab browser; ability to change information container tab location via drag-and-drop, no more 6 tabs limit.
* Added the categories tab which allows to use categories feature whatever the selection, it was limited to consoles only in old versions.
* Added the launch options tab instead of the emu panel.
* Feature from old EO stand still: compression tool, rename related files, import/export databases ...etc
* Improved EO interface generally, you'll notice the difference at the first look.
* Fixed a lot of bugs from old version.

Check out the overview video:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Download from here :[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please post EO 6 related here. Enjoy  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sourceforge.net/u/jegqamas/profile/
Jegqamas
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Fri May 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Snapshots !

Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Fri May 16, 2014 9:23 pm

We hope you all enjoy our full tested release my net connection down for last 8 day so we can't replay quickly please enjoy as we do when we develope eo6
Best regard croser and ahd
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emulator-organizer-f.freegametalk.com
rocs
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Sat May 17, 2014 4:07 am

Great job! I start to try thanks  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bigby
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Sat May 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Thank You!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aldirt
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Sat May 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Thank you very much. The Wait is over. Greetings to Syria.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bundangdon
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Sun May 18, 2014 2:10 pm

Looks great! It kind of reminds me of a very clean and feature-rich version of Quickplay (which hasn't been updated in many many years) However, I did find a few bugs or problems with the program. It's not saving the settings, such as "Double click to active selection" and also it would be nice if I didn't have to load the profile every single time I start the program. Even though my profile is in the same folder as EO, it doesn't come up in the list. Nevertheless, keep up with the great work! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgtroyas
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Sun May 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Amazing work you have done with this version! I was shocked when I saw it was as good as the 5 version but faster, prettier, and much better. What a surprise!

I'm still searching the way to move tabs between containers. Via drag-n-drop I can move tabs order inside a container, but I cannot move it to the container on the bottom, or add a new tab container, as you show in the screenshots. Is it already implemented? What should I do?

Thank you very much again, this frontend is great Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bigby
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Sun May 18, 2014 7:54 pm

To move a tab to the bottom, drag it down to the window part of one of the bottom tabs, until the pointer changes to a "+" sign, then release.

I use the whdload map feature to change the rom name's so that the bracketed region text is removed. It worked in EO 5, but it does not work in EO 6 now. In EO 5 I would select the "Rename Rom using database name" option. EO 6 does not have this option now.

EO 5

EO 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bigby
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Sun May 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Has anyone successfully converted their EO 5 profile to EO 6, using the EO Profile Convertor?

When I try to convert I get an error message...

EO Profile Convertor:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgtroyas
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Mon May 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Bigby wrote:
To move a tab to the bottom, drag it down to the window part of one of the bottom tabs, until the pointer changes to a "+" sign, then release.

Sorry I'm not being able to move it. I click the tab, and then holding the mouse button pressed, moving the mouse I can move the tab horizontally, but when moving the mouse to the second tab container, the cursor never changes to a "+" one. I've tried in a second computer (also windows 7). Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Ok I finally managed to move it, but I had to move the mouse around a bit until the cursor changed, it didn't work going straight to the lower area. Very extrange.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Tue May 20, 2014 4:41 am

Bigby wrote:
Has anyone successfully converted their EO 5 profile to EO 6, using the EO Profile Convertor?

Same thing is happening to me  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jegqamas
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Tue May 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Hello everyone, sorry it toke me some time to get online into the forum after the release, it was internet problems...
I'll try to answer every question you have guys !
bundangdon wrote:
Looks great! It kind of reminds me of a very clean and feature-rich version of Quickplay (which hasn't been updated in many many years) However, I did find a few bugs or problems with the program. It's not saving the settings, such as "Double click to active selection" and also it would be nice if I didn't have to load the profile every single time I start the program. Even though my profile is in the same folder as EO, it doesn't come up in the list. Nevertheless, keep up with the great work! Smile
Glad you like it Smile
About settings, EO 6 save settings to use documents after EO 6 closes. If not, then EO6 unable to write file due file write access or other. To solve the problem, please try to make the program run as administrator. (right click on EO6 execute then choose run as admin)
If this not work, please send me the log (in the trace window)
The profile you opened should be listed in the welcome window, this should be saved in the settings as well.
By the way, some settings are now related to profile, such as save console and rom selection.
Bigby wrote:

I use the whdload map feature to change the rom name's so that the bracketed region text is removed. It worked in EO 5, but it does not work in EO 6 now. In EO 5 I would select the "Rename Rom using database name" option. EO 6 does not have this option now.

EO 5

EO 6
You're right about the drag and drop, here is complete hints about how drag and drop work:
use the mouse move the selected tab to the left of the tab control (select the tab, hold mouse left button then drag the tab to the left until it become the first one)
After that, hold the mouse left button and drag the tab into the left outside the tab control.
Then the tab should be dragged outside and can be placed wherever you like, drag it into a tab control and the cursor should change it shape into one of these:
+: means the tab will be placed in the target tab control (with the tabs)
^: the tab will be place at the top of the target tab control
V: the tab will be placed at the bottom of the target tab control
>: the tab will be place at the right of the target tab control
<: the tab will be placed at the left of the target tab control
Please watch the youtube video, it shows how's tab dragged :

EO 6 now have window for each database type, EO 5 had one window for all database types. In EO 5, some options activate/deactivate depending on database type. In EO 6 no need for this hence EO 6 automatically determine options for selected database type and make a window suitable for that database type.
For rename option you mentioned, EO 6 activated this option internally autamtically for this database type because of this database type is meant to rename roms.
If no rom got name, then it means no rom matched the database, the database imported should save a log describe the detect operation.
If there's a problem with it, please send us the log.
oden wrote:
Bigby wrote:

Same thing is happening to me   Crying or Very sad 
Please post error message (if there is one), if not, send me your profile and I'll try to debug and fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Tue May 20, 2014 9:15 pm

Some bugs and suggestions:

Video playback (local file, not youtube) doesn't stop playing when opening a game. It plays on background.  This also happened on EO5 some time ago but was soloved.

Video playback resets when I switch to other tab in other tab container.

When some emulators (Nestopia) are closed, EO6 window isn't restored. Otherwise it works with some emulators (Snes9x).

Suggestion: On EO5 when you doubleclicked on the playing video, it switched  to fullscreen. Now it alternates to "playlist" view. I only have one video per game so I have  no use for it. I think it should be customizable.

Suggestion: hiding the toolbars and scrollbars of the tabs, to use all the tab space to show the image. It could be added as an additional tab parameter, or as an option via right clicking the tab title.

Suggestion: when selecting an image to be shown as background of any element, apart from stretching, there should be option to choose "stretch maintaining aspect ratio" and "centered with original size".

Suggestion: perhaps an option to choose "same window size for all consoles", so the main window is not resized when switching colsoles, only tabs sizes and positions.

BTW the more I test it the more I think you have done a great work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Croser
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Tue May 20, 2014 9:55 pm

There will be patch to add new option and fix the remaining bugs if found,for video playback we intend to make it stop when we switch to another tab example we select videotab then Sound tab it should turnoff anyway We will add this option andalways per console thankyou all for everything our beloved community
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emulator-organizer-f.freegametalk.com
Bigby
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Tue May 20, 2014 10:34 pm

AHD wrote:
EO 6 now have window for each database type, EO 5 had one window for all database types. In EO 5, some options activate/deactivate depending on database type. In EO 6 no need for this hence EO 6 automatically determine options for selected database type and make a window suitable for that database type.
For rename option you mentioned, EO 6 activated this option internally autamtically for this database type because of this database type is meant to rename roms.
If no rom got name, then it means no rom matched the database, the database imported should save a log describe the detect operation.
If there's a problem with it, please send us the log.

It does not rename the rom names. All my roms are zipped and match the rom names in the map file, but the log says it does not match.

I also get a second window after pressing start:

Here is the log file and the map file:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Wed May 21, 2014 5:46 am

AHD wrote:
oden wrote:
Bigby wrote:

Same thing is happening to me   Crying or Very sad 
Please post error message (if there is one), if not, send me your profile and I'll try to debug and fix the problem.

Here is a link to the profile - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the error message:

EO Profile Convertor:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bundangdon
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Fri May 23, 2014 12:58 pm

AHD wrote:
Hello everyone, sorry it toke me some time to get online into the forum after the release, it was internet problems...
I'll try to answer every question you have guys !
bundangdon wrote:
Glad you like it Smile
About settings, EO 6 save settings to use documents after EO 6 closes. If not, then EO6 unable to write file due file write access or other. To solve the problem, please try to make the program run as administrator. (right click on EO6 execute then choose run as admin)
If this not work, please send me the log (in the trace window)
The profile you opened should be listed in the welcome window, this should be saved in the settings as well.
By the way, some settings are now related to profile, such as save console and rom selection.

Hi! Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I tried what you mentioned. (run as administrator) However, my profile still doesn't show up in the welcome window. Also, when I checked the trace window, there's nothing there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jegqamas
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Thu May 29, 2014 11:05 am

New version of Profile Convertor uploaded !
Fixed some bugs when the converter attempts to convert profile with data info in it.
Enjoy !
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Fri May 30, 2014 4:27 am

Thank you for fixing the profile convertor, I appreciate!

It converted my profile from EO5 to EO6 and it opens just fine and I can play the games.

I think I found a bug though, after my profile is converted, it puts all my tabs in one section. I can move the tabs around in that section but can't add a new section. If I drag the tab over to the edge of the program I get the same arrow I saw in the video but it doesn't open up a new section for me, the tab just stays in the section it's already in.

If a add a new console from scratch it will let me add tabs to whatever section I want and create new sections, it looks like my issue is only pertaining to the profile that was converted from EO5 to EO6.

Is there anything I can do to fix this to create new sections for my tabs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgtroyas
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:56 pm

I've found a bug on the "Programs to launch" section of emulator "Properties". Seems the index of the line is not well managed: if you try to edit a program definition, it sometimes opens another one. In other cases it crashes with this message:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
  at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
  at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
  at EmulatorsOrganizer.GUI.EmulatorsBrowser.ShowItemProperties()
  at EmulatorsOrganizer.GUI.EmulatorsBrowser.propertiesToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EmulatorsOrganizer
    Assembly Version: 6.0.5248.42135
    Win32 Version: 6.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/EmulatorsOrganizer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Services
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5248.42131
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/Services.DLL
Core
    Assembly Version: 6.0.5248.42132
    Win32 Version: 6.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/Core.DLL
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.ComponentModel.Composition
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.Composition/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ComponentModel.Composition.dll
System.ComponentModel.Composition.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.Composition.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.ComponentModel.Composition.resources.dll
AxInterop.AcroPDFLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/AxInterop.AcroPDFLib.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
GoogleSearchAPI
    Assembly Version: 0.4.0.133
    Win32 Version: 0.4.0.133
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/GoogleSearchAPI.DLL
GUI
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5248.42134
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/GUI.DLL
Interop.AcroPDFLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/Interop.AcroPDFLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
MLV
    Assembly Version: 1.2.5248.42131
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/MLV.DLL
MMB
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5013.36253
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/MMB.DLL
MTC
    Assembly Version: 1.1.5248.42131
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/MTC.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
SevenZipSharp
    Assembly Version: 0.64.3890.29348
    Win32 Version: 0.64.3890.29348
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/SevenZipSharp.DLL
System.Design
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
MetadataViewProxies_39c6f504-a999-450b-a559-f235f069b95d
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.Composition/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ComponentModel.Composition.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
Services.resources
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5248.42131
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AHD/Emulators%20Organizer/en-US/Services.resources.DLL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !   

Back to top Go down

Emulators Organizer 6 Is Out !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1